Know in detail about the medical sensor technology
Medical sensors have become an integral part of the health care industry. If you are still wondering about what medical sensors technology is and how they work, this article is going to clarify everything about it. Medical sensors are the miniaturized forms of medical devices that can reach the inaccessible areas in the body.
They offer a wide range of benefits in the medical and health care sector. Being a revolution in the non-invasive surgery, the medical sensors have made medical technology simpler
How do medical sensors assist doctors?
With the help of the medical sensors, the doctors ensure that their surgeries become less invasive and more feasible. Few areas in which the application of the medical sensor have been helpful are:
- Accessing the tough to access areas of the body.
- Improving the efficiency of the implants
- Reduction in the consumption of the energy
- Minimizes the loss of functioning of the body.
Medical sensors use the miniature coils and fine wires to manufacture the least invasive devices. Making the surgeries easier to perform, the importance of the miniature coils have increased. Yet it needs specialized manufacturers and machines to make them.
It requires both expertise and knowledge of the market standards to produce high-quality micro-coils. Precision and customization have become the keywords in the domain of medical sensors.
Let us have a look at the various applications of the medical sensors.
Where are the medical sensors used?
There is a wide range of applications for the medical sensors. Since they provide an advantage of size and shape over the other forms of devices, it has greater importance. Some of the applications include:
- In the domain of implants, the monitoring of biological activities and their controlling is a major application of the sensors.
- Communication from within the body using the sensors to know about the vital signs have also been done.
- In the field of cancer treatment, the targeted delivery of the drug and radiation along with stent, positioning is a major application of the sensor.
- Measurement of the temperature based on the molecular technology is another application of the medical sensors.
Manufacturing requirements of micro-coil windings
Since it is a domain of medical science, special manufacturing requirements are to be met. Requirements include the selection of the right coil, along with the quality standard checks. Specifications of the coils need to be adhered to, as specified by the clients. Often, the manufacturing of the machines to make such coils are needed to be done.
The facility of the manufacturing has to be accredited and certified by ISO to ensure that minimum hazards and safety requirements are met. Traceability of the materials back to the quarry is an important criterion that needs to be taken care of.
Challenges faced in manufacturing
The main challenges that are faced in the manufacturing of the micro-coil windings are the thickness of the micro-coil. Since the micro-coils are thinner than the size of the hair, issues regarding connectivity are to be addressed. Thermo Pressure Bonding Technology has been the latest technology that is adapted to address this problem.