Top-Notch Job Profiles An Aspirant Can Achieve After Cisco Certifications
CISCO is the leader in IT & networking around the globe. The company works to translate the way individuals focus on connecting, communicating, and collaborating. CCNA or Cisco Certified Network Associate is the associate level certification.
This certification’s prime objective is to test a candidate’s ability to create, troubleshoot, and manage any small-scale network. Multiple tracks in CCNA are there, including CCNA Security, CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Wireless, and so on.
The responsibilities of a CCNA-certified aspirant may vary as per his track and knowledge. A learner can acquire some job profiles after accomplishing the CCNA certification.
#1 Technical Support Engineer
Their fundamental responsibilities are to resolve customer solutions over the telephone through remote access. They are also responsible for supporting, monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting computer system & network in the organisation. These experts mainly focus on:
- Assisting with the testing of projects and internal applications
- Performing low-level administrative jobs
- Providing support & software configuration
- Managing customers with technical efficacy
- Offering external client support through email and telephone
#2 Network Administrator
Network and system admins are two job profiles. However, in small scale companies, they are responsible for the following objectives:
- Installing & supporting LANs, network segments, WANs, intranet systems, and the Internet
- Maintaining network software and hardware
- Ensuring network connectivity throughout the organisation’s WAN/LAN infrastructure is on par with the technical considerations
- Deploy and design networks
- Allocate routing table configuration& routing protocols
- Assign configuration of authorisation and authentication of the directory services
- Troubleshooting the network-oriented issues
#3 System Engineers
A system engineer’s key duty is to install &manage various devices in the organisation. That might include the hardware of PCs, switches, routers, and more. They must have an astute knowledge of the router or switches’ hardware aspects.
Another key objective of these professionals is to manage & monitor the installed infrastructure and systems. They install, configure, maintain, and test operating systems and system management tools. Maintaining security, backup, and redundancy methodologies is also their prime role. They also provide second and third-level support.
#4 Network or Desktop Support Engineer
Technically, they are L1 & L2 support engineers. These professionals won’t get direct access to the switches or routers. However, they will have proper support from engineers who have access. Their prime responsibilities include:
- Working on tickets logged into the ticketing system through email or phone
- Monitoring and managing system alerts ¬ifications to respond accordingly
- Supporting technical issues that include core business apps as well as operating systems
- Basic technical support at the network level: LAN and WAN connectivity, firewalls, security, and routers
- Supporting printing & printer networking issues
- System documentation review and maintenance
- Working with vendors for observed or reported issues
#5 Information Technology Manager
An IT manager plans and directs the activities of the organisation’s IT department. The prime role of a manager is to have the expertise and skills to handle virtualised server environment. The professionals are responsible for monitoring regular operations, including server operating systems, hardware, and software.
Such a Cisco certified network professional coordinates technology installations, maintenance, and upgrades. Besides, their prime roles are establishing team workflows and selecting the right technology to invest in. They also facilitate collaboration across the organisation.
#6 Network Security Expert
The dutiful responsible of the network security professional is to protect the IT infrastructure from any malicious intent. Detecting, preventing, and resolving issues related to the IT network’s security is their prime role. Another key responsibility of these professionals is to acquire a premium level of ingenuity touncover quickness and drawbacks.
These associates also check security parameters in the establishment. Besides, creating policies for processes to secure the network is their prime role. They also identify, migrate, and evaluate security risks, vulnerabilities, and threats. In addition, they monitor security audits & log messages. Escalating and investigating security breaches and unauthorised access are also their key roles.
Do you want to obtain a lucrative career? Opting for CCNP only after one to three years of experience is recommendable. The certification lets you gain the foundational breadth of skills to build diverse and effective teams within your business.
To accomplish a lucrative career; now is the right time to consult Trainocate. Seek professional consultation from the team to learn about Cisco training and certifications.