Detailed Information on Mongo DB server for Users
Looking for a leading open source database system? MongoDB server is the best to be approached for. It is a widely used database system and is non-relational ( NoSQL) and written in C++ computer language. Unlike the earlier ones that used defined schemes and tables; it uses key-value pairs to retrieve and store documents.
If the database solutions are categorized, they are mainly of 2 kinds-
- RDBMS (relational database) – like Oracle, SQL server etc.
- NoSQL- like MongoDB server
Due to its design, simple stored data control, and provision of vertical and horizontal scaling, NoSQL has become popular these days. As per the requirements of programming, the developers can store data. Mongo DB is preferred-
- When a client wishes to develop a large data application- No worries about the number or types of fields to store data.
- Need data storage with high performance
- Data storage and retrieval can be done with reliability, accuracy, and speed.
Many companies are using it for data or application storage, especially the IT industries. According to a survey, it is confirmed that more than 4000 companies are using it.
MongoDB server is very advantageous over RDBMS as follows:-
- Since, its document database, here one collection has multiple documents. And files, content, and size vary from document to document.
- Have a clear single object structure.
- It is easy to use with no complex joins
- Its special ability to support deep-queries on documents.it uses a query that is document-based.
- Provides with ease of scale.
- No need for conversion or mapping of the app.
- Working set stored in internal memory giving faster data access.
How the data is stored in MongoDB?
- In spite of tables that were used earlier, here data is stored in documents.
- Records structure can easily be changed by adding or deleting the fields.
- Makes it easy to present classified relationships, store arrangements, and other complicated structures.
- It also gives easy scalability, availability, high performance, and outstanding replication.
Where and why MongoDB server is used?
- Most importantly when mainly concerned with large data and need performance efficiency.
- When project managers or developers wish to insert hundreds or thousands of records within no time.
- When the need for horizontal scaling. The applications can handle it very easily as this is automatically done. No more need for administrative work for horizontal scaling.
- It is a great option in the following situations:-
- Content or blog management
- Real-time, high-speed caching, logging, etc.
- Product based applications in e-commerce
- Maintain networking or social data
- Maintain geospatial data
- If application design keeps changing i.e. is loosely coupled.
Language and platform supported by MongoDB are:-
- C ; C++ ; C# and NET
- Java; Perl; Node.js
- PHP; PHP tools, frameworks, and libraries
- Python; Ruby and Mongoid.
It is advantageous to use MongoDB Server because of the following features:-
- Database with Schemaless documents.
- Support particular data storage collection such as Time-To-live (TTL). It automatically expires after a certain time.
- Without interfering with the stack, any type or size of the file can be stored.
- Ad hoc queries- To search any data from the stored one, it provides field support, range query, and regular expresso easy (regex).
- Easy scaling- horizontal or vertical; up or down.
- Works fast since it uses internal memory to store temporary datasets.
- All fields get primary and secondary index support.
- Provides replication of the database. Each replica can act as a primary or secondary replica. The primary one interacts with the client, does the read and writes operation, and is the main server. Secondary one uses a built-in replica system. It maintains the copy of primary data. Whenever primary replica failure occurs, the replica set switches automatically to the secondary replica. And this server becomes the primary one.
- Shading further helps perform easy load balancing. And scales horizontally the database. In case of hardware failure, it duplicates data or balances the load keeping the system running.
- Used as GridFS file storage system.
- Multiple data aggregation operations provide such as map reduction, aggregation pipeline, or aggregation commands with a single objective.
- Uses BSON type of database schema.
- Document-oriented- store data in documents, making it much adaptable and flexible in business requirements and situations.
- Indexes improve the search performances. Any field can index in these documents.
It certainly has few limitations such as it does not have strong consistency, isolation, atomicity, and durability.